See our new Phlebotomy Technician - Web Supplemented course for current class listings.
Please login or create a new profile to be notified when a new section becomes available.
View our new Phlebotomy Technician - Web Supplemented course HERE.
Do you want to work in an emergency department, clinic, laboratory or any number of settings hiring phlebotomists or phlebotomy technicians? Or perhaps add to a previous certification? The ISU phlebotomy program prepares you for these roles and allows an opportunity to take a national certification exam upon course completion.
Topics range from blood draws and laboratory procedures to employability skills and safety. Each student is scheduled for 40 hours to draw blood in a real clinical agency!
Clinical hours will be outside of normal course times to fit agency operating hours. Forty (40) clinical hours are required - dependent on completing at least 100 blood draws. More clinical time may be required to fulfill that number.
Idaho Division of Professional Technical Education
- Prepared for immediate employment as a Phlebotomy Technician upon program completion.
- Students who take this course can work in a clinical laboratory or increase their employability in settings such as plasma centers, doctor’s offices or dialysis centers.
- Convenience: Evening course hours.
- National certification: Upon program completion, students will be given an opportunity to take the national certification skills and written exam through the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
- Our primary instructor is a nationally certified Phlebotomy Technician, far exceeding the requirements of the Idaho Division of Professional Technical Education and has taken the state-approved course on teaching adult students.
There is a background check that may prevent clinical rotations necessary to pass the course.