There is currently a high demand for individuals with formal training in Welding, AutoCad, Machining and Other Professional Technical Training and the recent history of salaries has shown:
- The U.S. Department of Labor estimated that welders earned an average yearly salary of $33,960 in 2007.
- The median expected salary for a typical Machinist II in the United States is $41,418.
- In 2007, the average AutoCAD drafter salary was $45,000.
- Welding, Basic, Intermediate & Advanced
- Graphic Arts
- Computer Classes
- Woodworking & Carpentry
- Building Inspector Certification
Apprentices receive academic instruction and are paid for the work performed during their on-the-job training. Completion of academic instruction and on-the-job training equips each Apprentice with a portable skill set for advancement in their chosen field. These Registered Apprenticeship Programs connect job seekers who want to learn new skills with employers looking for qualified workers.
ISU Workforce Training offers the following Apprenticeship Programs: