Who - What - Why
Who Are Members?
- Members are intellectually curious, active, and adventuresome
- Members come from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences
- Members include homemakers, professionals, high school and college graduates, professors, native Idahoans and those new to the state
- Members have opportunities to interact with a diverse and stimulating group
- Members have opportunities to stay active and expand their horizons
- Members are retired or still active in the work force
What is NEW KNOWLEDGE ADVENTURES?
- NKA is an educational organization enjoyed by Idahoans 50 years of age and older who wish to stimulate their thinking and expand their knowledge
- Experienced group leaders
- Lectures given by: ISU faculty, NKA members, and community experts
- Field trips and excursions to fascinating locations
- No previous college experience is needed
- College credit, tests, and grades are NOT given for classes
- Courses and Activities: NKA courses and activities include but are NOT limited to: academic; technical; professional; social activities; travel; recreational; arts; self-improvement; physical activities (hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, birding, wild flower and tree walks, etc)
Why You Should Become a Member!
- Membership is $40 a semester. Dates for classes follow the ISU calendar: September to December for the fall semester and January to May for the spring semester.
- Locations are listed in the catalog.
- For classes on the Pocatello ISU campus, general parking permits may be purchased from the Continuing Education Office for $5.00. ISU parking lots tend to be crowded, therefore many people park at the Holt Arena near the bus stops. Pocatello Regional Transit offers a free shuttle bus down to the campus with the Pond Student Union being the last stop.
- Socials: An open house is held in AUGUST and is a time for hearing general announcements, greeting members, new friends and recognizing our instructors. A holiday dinner is held in DECEMBER. An annual business meeting luncheon is held in MAY that includes recaps of the year with bragging stories and displays from many of the class projects.
Agreement and Release of Liability
1. In consideration of gaining membership or being allowed to participate in the activities and programs of ISU New Knowledge Adventures and to use its facilities and equipment, I do hereby waive, release and forever discharge Idaho State University and the State of Idaho, its officers, agents, employees, representatives, executors, and all others from any and all responsibilities or liability for injuries or damages resulting from my participation in any activities of said program. I do also hereby release all of those mentioned and any others acting upon their behalf from any responsibility or liability for any injury or damage to myself, including those caused by the negligent act or omission of any of those mentioned or others acting on their behalf or in any way arising out of or connected with my participation in any activities of ISU New Knowledge Adventures.
2. I do hereby further declare myself to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease, infirmity, or other illness that would prevent my participation in any of these activities and programs of Idaho State University’s New Knowledge Adventures or use of equipment except as hereinafter stated. I do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation and activities, and utilization of equipment in my activities.
I do assume responsibility for my participation in class and will call 282-3372 (Pocatello) if I cannot attend.